This blog is about things we love and enjoy, our happy times, and our day to day struggles. Overall, life is great!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Movie Date: Kit Kitteredge-An American Girl
On Saturday we went to see Kit Kitteredge-An American Girl. It takes place in the 1930's during the Great Depression and it was an adorable movie! I think that even Uncle Carson enjoyed it a bit.
I was so inspired by the dresses the little girls wore in the movie. I am a true fan of much of the 1930's dress and hat styles, especially for little girls so after the movie, I went home and drafted up a dress pattern for Leah (using several patterns as guides) similar to a dress Kit wore in the movie and I am very pleased with the results:) They just don't make patterns like that anymore . . . I went and picked up some cute fabric today and I should be done with the first dress tomorrow.
Labels:
Crafts and Fun Things to Try,
Extended Family,
Leah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I guess in small town Yuma I don't here about some of these movies. What is that book that Leah is holding?
It is a book about George Washington. You'll have to check out Carson's commentary about this on his blog.
Post a Comment